Master Degree - (English-taught) - School: Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences - Access type: Open with curricular skills test
- Class: LM–8 (Ministerial Decree No 270 of 2004)
- Course type: Master Degree
- Duration: 2 years
- Access type: Open with curricular skills test
- School: Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences
- Department: Biology
- Course code: H04
Description and Teaching Objectives
This Degrees trains graduates with high vocational skills in a number of Industrial Biotechnology fields. Expertise in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Pharmacology and Microbiology is enhanced with notions of Ecology, Economics and Ethical Development.
Students learn and deepen study and development methods on bio-molecular systems and bio-processes critical to the use of Biotechnology in research, industry and services. They study genetic modifications, protein production, Pharmacology, techniques of food production and control.
Students complete their training with laboratories and internship activities (24 ECTS) supported by industry experts and hence developing important technical skills that will favour their work placement.
- Jobs in research and control laboratories within universities and other public and private research institutes using Genetic and Molecular Biology techniques to monitor the presence of genetically modified organisms;
- Management and quality control in biotechnology plants; molecular diagnosis laboratories; biomedical, environmental and nutrition areas; research and development laboratories; departments of production and quality control in biotechnology companies and companies interested in biotechnological innovation such as chemical, pharmaceutical, agri-food; in particular, companies using biological microsensor systems; diagnostic laboratories with particular reference to the development and production of molecular and/or cellular assays and innovative diagnostic systems; agencies drafting patent regulations regarding the exploitation of bio-industrial products and/or processes; commercial and documentation organisations specifically involved in biotechnological production.
Such multidisciplinary training enables students to interact with commercial and documentation organisations specifically involved in biotechnological production and to continue their higher-education training, e.g. with Master's Degrees, PhDs and Specialisation Schools.
Web References and Contacts
School of Science Website: http://www.scienze.uniroma2.it
Degree Website: www.biotechnology.uniroma2.it
Coordinator: Professor Maria Teresa Carrì