Bachelor's Degree - School: Engineering - Access type: Open with entry skills test - A.Y. 2017-2018
o Class: L-7 (Ministerial Decree No 270 of 2004)
o Course type: Bachelor's Degree
o Duration: 3 years
o Access type: Open with entry skills test
o School: Engineering
o Department: Civil Engineering and Computer Science Engineering
o Course code: K72
Description and Teaching Objectives
This Degree trains top-level engineers with basic knowledge in Civil Engineering (Structural, Hydraulic, Geotechnical, Transport Engineering) and Environmental Engineering (environmental technologies, land protection and safety). In particular, basic knowledge includes:
- methodological and deductive aspects of Mathematics and Physics;
- structure, properties and transformations of matter dealt with in Chemistry;
- applicative and methodological aspects of Mechanics, with particular focus on modelling mechanical behaviours of materials, structures, fluids, land as well as their interactions;
- design of infrastructural works and their incorporation into the environment, be it point, network or architectural;
- constraints and functional conditions, regulations and environmental requirements due to safety requirements as well as environmental and territorial protection and compatibility.
The third year aims at acquiring fundamentals in basic disciplines of Civil and Environmental Engineering (Structural, Hydraulic, Geotechnical, Transport, Sanitary, Territorial, Energy Engineering) and includes a total of 54 ECTS out of which 48 are mandatory (Building Science, Structural Engineering, Hydraulics, Geotechnics, Sanitary and Environmental Engineering).
The Degree is organised in a way that enables students to choose appropriate classes and enrol into Master Degrees in Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering.
Graduates can work as a freelancers for medium-importance companies or as employees in firms under experienced engineers' supervision.
Their main working areas are:
- Civil Engineering: construction and maintenance companies dealing with civil works, plants and civil infrastructure; project firms and companies; public offices dealing with design, planning, management and control of urban and territorial systems; businesses, organisations, consortia as well as system management and control agencies for works and services; service companies performing feasibility studies on urban and territorial infrastructural impact.
- Environmental and Territorial Engineering: companies, public and private institutions and firms that design, plan, build and manage works, control and monitoring systems for the environment and local areas, soil protection, waste management, raw materials, environmental, geological and energy resources; bodies assessing environmental impact and compatibility of plans and works.
- Safety, Civil, Environmental, Territory Engineering: major infrastructure, construction sites, industrial areas, local authorities, public and private institutions that develop activities of prevention and safety management and wherever responsibility profiles are needed under current legislation to check safety conditions.
Web References and Contacts
Coordinator: Professor Giulia Viggiani
Didactic secretariat: Ms Maria Luisa COTTONE and Ms Maria Beatrice GIAMBENEDETTI
Tel: +39 06 7259.7003