|(Last update: 29/05/2015, Published: 29/05/2015, Author: Sara Rossi)|
| The following research fields represent some excellence sectors at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”:|
- Study of genomic risk in complex and multifactorial diseases, with particular reference to cardiovascular and gastro-intestinal diseases. As far as these research fields are concerned, a recent discovery by a research team of the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” must be named: a new and important experimental therapy for Crohn’s disease, i.e. a chronic, disabling bowel disease;
- ICT (development of 5th-generation telcom nets, i.e. 5G);
- Computer security, ICT and precision medicine;
- Sustainable development, renewable energies. Considering overarching research projects for technologies linked to energy production and storage, a relevant example is photovoltaic cell development: it deals with 4th-generation cells operating with far higher efficiency when compared to traditional solar panels.
- Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, Astrophysics.