Evaluations and Awards
|(Last update: 29/05/2015, Published: 29/05/2015, Author: Sara Rossi)|
- VQR Anvur: according to the Valutazione della Qualità della Ricerca italiana - VQR (Quality Evaluation of Italian Research Quality) 2004-2010 by ANVUR (the National Agency for the Evaluation of Universities and Research Institutes), the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” ranks first in central and southern Italy and ninth among the biggest Italian universities. In particular, the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” figures among the first six positions of the dimension segment rankings in the following Areas: 1, 2, 3, 8b, 9, 11b e 13 (i.e. Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Industrial and IT Engineering, Psychology, Economics and Statistics). It ranks first in Area 3 (Chemistry).
- URAP Ranking: according to the new world ranking Urap 2014 (University Ranking by Academic Performance) of the Middle East Technical University of Ankara based on scientific productivity, this year the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” ranks 227th out of 2000 universities evaluated worldwide. Furthermore, Urap sees the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” ranking 9th among the Italian academic institutions and 103th out of over 700 universities evaluated at European level.
- So far 15 academics of the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” have won prestigious grants within the ERC IDEAS Programme (European Research Council).
- The Centre for Higher Education listed the Department of Physics of the University of Rome “Tor Vergata” among the European excellence centres for Physics research.
- The Centre for Higher Education listed the Department of Mathematics among the excellence centres in Mathematics research in Europe: it is the only one in central and southern Italy ( http://www.excellenceranking.org ).