November 7th - European Parliament
The Young European Research Universities Network (YERUN) has organised its Launch Event on November 7th, at the European Parliament.
University of Rome Tor Vergata, the only Italian institution in this prestigious network, has participated with Rector’s delegate, Professor Corrado Cerruti.
A year on since the opening of the YERUN Brussels Office, the network has put in place various initiatives in the areas of Joint Programmes, research workshops and mobility grants for researchers, staff and students of members’ institutions.
The Launch event was an opportunity for YERUN to present its Position Paper on the FP9; the 18 Universities of the network will jointly work on 6 main aspects, namely:
- Sustainable funding to match Europe’s ambition in research and innovation
- Engage society in the creation of knowledge and innovation
- Promote and reward a full implementation of Open Science
- Recognise a more comprehensive definition of impact
- Enhance support for early career researchers
- Revise submission and evaluation processes to improve efficiency, transparency, fairness and impact
The event was also an opportunity to show the importance of EU collaboration in research and innovation and showcased 6 EU funded projects that were coordinated by YERUN members.