The primary objective of the Young European Research Universities Network (YERUN) is to strengthen and develop cooperation in the area of scientific research, academic education and service to society among a cluster of highly -ranked, young universities in Europe on an equal basis and for their common benefit.
The members of this university network have a number of key values in common:
- an orientation towards creative, innovative and outstanding scientific research;
- a responsibility towards a global, fair, solidarity minded, multicultural, and diverse society;
- a commitment to internationalisation;
- a focus on teaching quality and quality assurance; and,
- an emphasis on graduate employability.