1st Level Specialising Master (English Taught) - School: Engineering
Course type: Master (1st Level)
School: School of Engineering
Department: Industrial Engineering
Duration: 2 years
CBRNe threats are related to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and explosive agents that can cause huge damages to people, flora and fauna. The events connected to this kind of materials could be industrial accidents, road accidents, human errors in manipulating or stocking materials, terroristic or warfare attacks.
Such extreme events need highly qualified experts, who can immediately take action as “first responders” or “decision makers” advisors.
In every industrial Country, there are multiple entities with specialized teams in very specific fields, but the complexity of the events requires professionals who have not only the specific know-how, but also expertise in the relevant areas.
Given the global interest in these issues, the Department of Industrial Engineering and the Faculty of Medicine and Surgery of the University of Rome Tor Vergata, in cooperation with Italian and International Public Entities, organize the 1st and 2nd Level International Master Courses in “Protection against CBRNe events”.
Modules & Lessions
The Master Course consists of 14 Modules (each one on a specific subject).
• Phase 1 consists of 10 modules of classroom-taught lessons.
• Phase 2 consists of training activities and visits in Public, Military and Private Entities, and 6 months of internship in one of the Institutions in agreement with the CBRNe Master Courses.
• The Course is organized in 2 modules/month every 3 months (to allow working students to avoid loosing too many days and travelling too frequently)
• Each module lasts one week (from Monday to Friday) for a total amount of 36 hours
Admission Criteria & Attendence
In order to attend the Master Course and obtain the final degree (which has legal value according to the Italian law), candidates must have a 180-ECTS point Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. “Equivalence” of degrees such as Military, Police, Fire- fighters Academy degrees etc., will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by the University competent bodies and the Master Course Steering Committee.
Students shall graduate only if they meet the following requirements:
• attendance of at least 80% of all classes and practical activities;
• passing of the tests for each module;
• passing of the final examination.
Phone: (+39) 06 72 59 72 01